Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Coming to an end..

Well it has been a great year. 2010 was a heck of a lot better than 2009. Here is what happened to me in 2010:
 I picked up a new sport: TRIATHLON.. wow.. What a big difference a year will make. I've basically spent the whole year learning what my body can and can't do. I've build a solid base for 2011 and am so ready to see some major improvements in 2011.



Met a lot of new friends: Between joining a swim class, participating in all kinds of different races, becoming a regular at Bike Works and Big Island Running Co. I've meet some pretty amazing people that I wouldn't have met elsewhere.










Shared another year with my lovely wife: It seems like each year just gets better and better. I have been so blessed to be with such a wonderful person. It is such a blast spending each day with your best friend in the world. Laura has made me a better son, father, brother, friend, and husband. Its great to have someone who knows how to challenge you day in and day out.





Watched Mekhi grow up even faster: Who would have thought that watching a child grow, day by day, would be such a blast. I never could have imagined loving someone or thing as much as I love the little guy. It makes you cherish every day you have with them that much more.




 Made him a little brother along the way: February Mekhi will have a little brother Easton. Man I thought that this year was a busy year. HA next year is going to be insane. Two boys.. what did I get myself into now?!?! Kidding, having another little guy running around the house just means twice as much excitement!

Learned a lot: I have also been blessed with the opportunity to work for a Fletcher Jones Dealership under a General Manager that has given me the opportunity to grow in the business. Marty has given me the ability to make some tough decisions and has backed me up all the way. He has given me the confidence in my abilities to run a dealership and has taught me so much, not only about the car business, but also about life.



Made some mistakes: At times I've let my obsessive compulsive gene get the best of me. I have been guilty of letting the triathlon stuff, and work take away from the precious time that I should be spending with my family. I have been making it an effort to be a better husband and Father.


Got a little closer with God: Luckily I have a Mother that calls me every Sunday to see if I attended Church and a wife that always tells me that I'd better be done working out or racing, in time to sneak in the back row at Church. I started doing a daily devotional and have been reading some scripture along with the devotional each day. What a difference this has made in my life. There's a Kirk Franklin song called "Looking for You." It basically sums up what I've been going through over the past five years. Blessed... I'm absolutely blessed!

2011... Bring it..

1 comment: