Friday, December 10, 2010

Sleepless nights..

Its 2:30 a.m. here in Kona and I am extremely tired, but some how wide awake. I've been battling a head cold for the past four days, and nights have been the worst. You'd think between work, training and playing dad, I'd be able to sleep just fine. But for some reason sleeping has been a challenge over the past few nights. I think the longest I've been able to sleep at a given time has been an hours. I can feel my body begging me to just fall back to sleep, but I just haven't been able to. So, hopefully staring at this computer for the next few minutes will create that heavy feeling in my eyes so I can get a couple hours of rest before I have to wake up and run. I know if Luis were here right now he'd be furious knowing I was going to wake up at 5:30 and go run, knowing that I'm battling a cold. BUT he's not so its all G.
Took the day off work yesterday and got a nice early morning ride in. The weather here in Kona has been amazing. Clearest I've seen it out here since I can remember. The winds from the south have pushed the vog away over the past week and the Island has had a different feel to it. Laura's sisters and our nephews are both visiting from the Mainland so we all got together and went to Kua Bay to enjoy some sun and catch a couple waves. Its the first time that I've been in able to get in the water in the past three months and not have to think about swimming a certain distance. Was just able to relax and have some fun in the good old Pacific.
Well I think I'm going to take another crack at trying to sleep. Hopefully this has done the trick. I've tried about every remedy out there. Nothing seems to be working. Wish me luck. If no can, I may be going for my run a few hours early.

2 comments:

  1. Korey! It's been a long time. I hope all is well, it's nice to see your blogging :)

    Did I mention I'm incredibly jealous that you live in Hawaii?!? It's freezing and snowing and gross here right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're* ugh I hate bad grammar, haha.

    ReplyDelete