Monday, December 13, 2010

That time of year..

Well its getting to be that time of year. 2010 is coming to an end and 2011 is a year full of promise and new beginnings. This next couple weeks bring all kinds of emotions. Right now I'm stressed, stoked and anxious all at the same time. I'm stressed, like always this time of the month, but even more so in December. In the car business we're trying to end the year with a bang and hit all kinds of projections that were set forth for us the previous year. This year has was definitely better than 2009. We sold alot more cars and made a bit more money this year as a store. Each month seems to be getting a little better and better. We aren't seeing huge gains but hopefully in 2011 we will see some significant increases in sales.
I'm stoked for the Christmas season. We have alot of family in town and its always good to see the nephews and inlaws. We haven't all been together in over 2 years so its going to be a blast over the next month and a half. I'm looking forward to playing lots of golf with Nurmi and taking the boys to the beach on my days off. And finally I'm anxious for January 1st to get here. It starts a new season of triathlon. I have a good feeling that I'm going to see some HUGE gains compared to my first season. I've built a ton of base and now its time to sharpin my game. I've been cruising over the past 3 months and just letting the body recover and taking on easier workouts along with alot of running. My run was my achilles of the 3 sports. I've seen alot of progress in my swim and bike, but have not been able to put together a solid run all year. So the past three months I've put in a ton of base and track workouts in order to get faster for the 2011 season. I have a lot more confidence in my run and actually think I will enjoy that part of the race much more this year. I will be running people down instead of being run down. Lavaman is just over 4 months away and I really want to suprise some people. I can't wait to start grinding out every workout, going to bed early and worrying about every piece of nutrition I take in. No other sport has challenged me like triathlon has.. and thats why I'm so hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment